The Greater Spokane community will once again join activists from across the globe in a coordinated Women’s March this month.
According to a press release, “we will march and stand together with our
partners and children, insisting on the protection of our individual and collective rights, our safety, our health, our environment.”
The march will be Jan. 19, starting at the Spokane Convention Center, 334 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Doors open at 10 a.m., along with a Volunteer Action Fair. The march will begin at noon.
This will be the third march to take place in Spokane, however nationally many Women’s Marches are being canceled due to loss of support and other issues. Marches have been canceled in New Orleans, northern California and Chicago, to name a few.
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019
- Chabad Spokane to Host Evening of Prayer & Reflection for Poway Shooting - May 2, 2019
- LDS Temple To Be Built in Moses Lake - April 28, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Joins National Stand Against Racism Event - April 23, 2019