Whitworth University’s spring art exhibit, “Gala Bent: Everything Seems to Be Coming Together,” will run Feb. 9-April 1 in the Lied Center for the Visual Arts on campus.
According to an announcement, “the exhibition features a selection of recent bodies of work by Gala Bent, along with a group of new pieces that continue to explore the harmonies and dissonances that make the shape of the world around us.”
“Bent’s paintings, drawings and objects seek to reflect the inevitable strain that forms when the systems that we inherit and create meet with resistance. Some people glory in that messy place, while others attempt to make new structures to hold tension in balance,” the announcement continued.
Gallery hours will be from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday–Friday, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays. An opening reception will be held on Feb. 9, from 5-6 p.m. in the Lied Center for the Visual Arts, followed by an artist’s lecture from 6-7 p.m. in Room 102 of the Lied Center.
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020