A 7.6-magnitude earthquake rattled most of Costa Rica at 8:42 a.m. local time Wednesday morning. According to a news release, Whitworth University received confirmation that the students, faculty and staff at Whitworth’s Costa Rica Center are safe and unharmed. The power has gone out but back-up generators are providing limited power.
Parents of the 19 students in attendance are being contacted by phone through the Whitworth president’s office to assure them that their students are safe, provide more information and answer questions.
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019