According to a press release, they will be protesting because of Foley’s pro-choice views and his Catholic faith.
The church, based out of Topeka, Kansas, stated in the release, “The United States government was a corrupt cesspool of idolatry on former Speaker of the House Tom Foley’s watch!…The people of this doomed nation have the smiting rod of God across your backs in the form of corrupt leaders such as Tom Foley.”
The service for Foley will be held 11 a.m., Friday at St. Aloysius Church.
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020