Jesus now has a football jersey, and it is a tribute toTim Tebow. Some believers think that's getting it backwards: “Sports is one thing, and Jesus is another thing,” said Traci Yown, a mom Christmas shopping for her son. Others say it honors both Jesus and Tebow, the Denver Broncos QB who is famous, and controversial, for combining his evangelical faith with his on-field witness: “It's not saying that he is Christ, it's saying he's trying to demonstrate and live that out and as Christians that's what were supposed to do,” said Baptist pastor Marcus Buckley. As if that's not enough,Pamela Andersonis going to be the Virgin Mary.
Read full post here.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022