I really enjoyed Saturday morning’s Coffee Talk with the panel and the comments of everyone there. The one thing I did leave bothered by was what seemed to me to be a defeatist idea of humankind. I deeply believe that if one person is able to transform their behavior and beliefs then it is an example that the possibility is there for everyone.
Within the individual there is a spiritual evolution that transforms the childlike belief into something greater, a knowing, as an adult. Humankind as a race has the possibility of evolving beyond violence, if and when, people begin to believe in the possibility. If we continue to say, “It’s just a human condition.” then it will continue to be so. When we are able to open to new possibilities, we have an opening to personal evolution. People heal from “incurable” diseases all the time, medicine can’t explain it; they do so because they believe they can.
When do we begin to believe we can release the “human condition” of violence?
- Accepting Our Differences Could Mean Peace On Earth - December 17, 2021
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Jesus and the Easter Story - May 26, 2020
- Viewpoints: Does God Punish His Children? - January 25, 2020
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - January 7, 2020
- Trust & Safety: A Response to December’s Coffee Talk - December 28, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What Do You Think About Jesus - May 1, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018