Political commentator Mike Huckabee, who served as governor of Arkansas from 1996-2007, will be visiting Spokane Oct. 2 for We Believe We Votes‘ “Rev Up” fundraiser.
“Rev Up” stands for “Register – Educate – Vote.”
Huckabee ran for president in 2008 and again in 2016 and is a Baptist minister.
The aim of the event is to encourage people to vote based on biblical values, according to a promotional video. It will take place at the DoubleTree Hilton in Downtown Spokane.
In the video Huckabee says, “It’s more important than ever for Christians to come together and to vote.”
The event will include a reception with Huckabee, a silent auction, a children’s choir performance and a keynote from Huckabee titled, “No Salt, No Light, No Country!”
According to the We Believe We Vote website, “This will be a fabulously patriotic evening celebrating the values that made America thrive.”
Tickets are available starting at $75.
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021