Political commentator Mike Huckabee, who served as governor of Arkansas from 1996-2007, will be visiting Spokane Oct. 2 for We Believe We Votes‘ “Rev Up” fundraiser.
“Rev Up” stands for “Register – Educate – Vote.”
Huckabee ran for president in 2008 and again in 2016 and is a Baptist minister.
The aim of the event is to encourage people to vote based on biblical values, according to a promotional video. It will take place at the DoubleTree Hilton in Downtown Spokane.
In the video Huckabee says, “It’s more important than ever for Christians to come together and to vote.”
The event will include a reception with Huckabee, a silent auction, a children’s choir performance and a keynote from Huckabee titled, “No Salt, No Light, No Country!”
According to the We Believe We Vote website, “This will be a fabulously patriotic evening celebrating the values that made America thrive.”
Tickets are available starting at $75.
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- Upcoming Coffee Talk: The State of Religion Reporting Today - November 28, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021