Washington Supreme Court Justices Mary Yu and Raquel Montoya-Lewis, the first Native American on the court, will be presenting at the 16th annual Carl J. Maxey Diversity Luncheon on Friday (Feb. 28) from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m, hosted by the Diversity Section of the Spokane County Bar Association. It will be taking place at Gonzaga University’s Hemmingson Center Ballroom.
Pastor Walter J. Kendricks of Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church will be the keynote speaker.
The Maxey family will be giving their Maxey scholarship to a law student.
In the evening, Justices Yu and Montoya-Lewis will be at a “Community Welcome,” event that is open to the public. It will be held at the Community Building at 35 W. Main Ave from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- Spokane Churches Find Ways To Celebrate Advent Virtually Due To COVID Restrictions - December 2, 2020
- Spokane Nonprofit Barbershop Seeks to Help Those Who Struggle - October 23, 2020
- Singing hymns in Salish: Pauline Flett’s dedication to spirituality - August 24, 2020
- COVID lockdown provides insights on changing attitude, relationship toward environment - August 4, 2020
- Sports teams an opportunity to teach about Native American culture - July 13, 2020
- Pauline Flett’s legacy lives on through former students - May 21, 2020
- New Catholic high school to open in Spokane - May 14, 2020
- Transitions finds creative ways around pandemic to help community - April 14, 2020
- Spokane Area Online Worship Listings - March 29, 2020
- Holocaust exhibit comes to Spokane - March 12, 2020