Washington Supreme Court Justices Mary Yu and Raquel Montoya-Lewis, the first Native American on the court, will be presenting at the 16th annual Carl J. Maxey Diversity Luncheon on Friday (Feb. 28) from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m, hosted by the Diversity Section of the Spokane County Bar Association. It will be taking place at Gonzaga University’s Hemmingson Center Ballroom.
Pastor Walter J. Kendricks of Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church will be the keynote speaker.
The Maxey family will be giving their Maxey scholarship to a law student.
In the evening, Justices Yu and Montoya-Lewis will be at a “Community Welcome,” event that is open to the public. It will be held at the Community Building at 35 W. Main Ave from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- Greater Gonzaga Guild welcomes Clarice Wilsey on Sept. 30 speaking on The Holocaust - September 29, 2022
- Candidates for local office participate in 4th annual Climate Change Forum - September 24, 2022
- Upcoming webinar discusses the “Problems with Countering Extremism” - September 16, 2022
- “Finding Our Place in the Inland Northwest” documentary and discussion begins Sept. 8 - September 7, 2022
- Palouse Pride Starts This Week - August 22, 2022
- Local author To Release New Book on Blessings￼ - July 29, 2022
- Local Peace Corps Volunteer Among First to Return to Service Overseas - July 12, 2022
- Annual Interfaith Pride Worship Service welcomes LGBTQ community members - June 5, 2022
- Nonprofit empowering local refugees and immigrants officially launches - May 28, 2022
- FPIW leader to step down, run for Secretary of State - May 22, 2022