Virtual fundraiser seeks to raise money for Salish School of Spokane
A virtual fundraiser will be held this week to raise money for Salish School of Spokane and increase awareness of its mission.
Hosted by Peace & Justice Action League, the “Autumn Harvest Virtual Fundraiser” is designed to increase awareness and raise funds in support of the school’s mission to Salish language revitalization, according to the registration site.
The fundraiser will include a performance by students at the school.
According to their website, the school is a non-profit organization that works to preserve and revitalize Southern Interior Salish languages.
The fundraiser will be on Thursday, Oct. 14. At 6:30 p.m. through Zoom. All of the proceeds will go to the school.
You can register for the event here.
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Emma Ledbetter - November 21, 2021
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Cassy Benefield - November 14, 2021
- Virtual fundraiser seeks to raise money for Salish School of Spokane - October 13, 2021
- Local filmmaker produces short movie ‘Waste Land,’ addressing suicide among Native youth - September 16, 2021
- Spokane Churches and COVID one year later - April 20, 2021
- Fire damages part of St. Charles Catholic School in north Spokane - March 18, 2021
- Salish School adds new building to campus - March 4, 2021
- Spokane Churches Find Ways To Celebrate Advent Virtually Due To COVID Restrictions - December 2, 2020
- Spokane Nonprofit Barbershop Seeks to Help Those Who Struggle - October 23, 2020
- Singing hymns in Salish: Pauline Flett’s dedication to spirituality - August 24, 2020