In light of more damaging news about State Rep. Matt Shea — this time about him seeking to run surveillence on left-wing activists — faith leaders are planning to gather outside Spokane Valley City Hall Tuesday to sing, pray and try to repair the image of Spokane Valley.
“We will have citizens speak to the issue of damage done to the character of our area. This is a time of sharing experiences and concerns,” an announcement reads.
The event, organized by Faith Leaders and Leaders of Consciousness, will include faith and non-faith speakers who will address the, “moral need to heal our reputation” and also speak against extremism
The vigil is designed to encourage City Council members.
” This is hard work and it will take our leaders and citizens working together to heal the continued damage to our reputation,” the announcement read.
The vigil will be at 5 p.m. at Spokane Valley City Hall, 11707 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley and will end at 6 p.m. so attendees can attend the City Council meeting, which several community members are planning to speak.
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Children and Music First - April 25, 2020
- Reader Submissions: “What COVID-19 Means In My Life” - April 18, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Digital Monastics - April 17, 2020