The new book is the second volume in the Dalai Lama’s definitive and comprehensive series of teachings on the entire Buddhist path, “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion.” The book lays out the steps to build a flourishing Buddhist practice and includes meditative reflections to help readers apply the Buddha’s wisdom to their own lives.
“The Foundation of Buddhist Practice“ is currently available at Auntie’s Bookstore and other area book outlets. More information about the book is on ThubtenChodron.org and WisdomPubs.org. For more information about Sravasti Abbey, go to Sravasti.org.
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018
- Faith Action Network to hold fundraiser this month at Glover Mansion - November 4, 2018