The new book is the second volume in the Dalai Lama’s definitive and comprehensive series of teachings on the entire Buddhist path, “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion.” The book lays out the steps to build a flourishing Buddhist practice and includes meditative reflections to help readers apply the Buddha’s wisdom to their own lives.
“The Foundation of Buddhist Practice“ is currently available at Auntie’s Bookstore and other area book outlets. More information about the book is on ThubtenChodron.org and WisdomPubs.org. For more information about Sravasti Abbey, go to Sravasti.org.
- Upcoming retreat to focus on overcoming trauma - October 20, 2018
- Women Lead luncheon at Gonzaga to address the “Power of Shame” - October 17, 2018
- Westboro Baptist Church plans protests in Spokane Thursday, Friday - October 9, 2018
- Ven Chodron of Sravasti Abbey to give talk on “Being Human” - October 7, 2018
- Next Coffee Talk to feature “Ask” columnists - October 5, 2018
- Temple Beth Shalom to offer beginning classes this month - October 2, 2018
- New digital tool aimed at supporting local sexual assault victims - September 26, 2018
- Group plans to dedicate church on streets outside Planned Parenthood - September 15, 2018
- Upcoming retreat to focus on anxiety, trauma - September 8, 2018
- Tibetan Master to Visit North Idaho College - September 5, 2018