Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will host an Eve of Prayer on the blessings and blunders of marriage on Oct. 18.
“Suffering and Self-Sacrifice in Marriage: What the Wedding Feast at Cana and Christ on the Cross can teach us about Holy Matrimony,” will be lead by the Rev. Jeffrey Lewis, pastor of Parishes of Chewelah, Springdale, and Valley.
“We remember that unlike mere contracts (which are a 50/50 proposition), the covenant of Holy Matrimony is a 100/100 proposition: each half of the whole is all-in! This is the beautiful and mysterious spirituality of Holy Matrimony – a spirituality of self-sacrifice. At Cana and on the Cross, Jesus models for us what self-sacrifice is, and married couples who embrace this holy model hopefully will enjoy a rejuvenated marital bliss full of new vigor and blessed joy,” according to a press release.
The presentation will be from 5-8 p.m. It will begin with Mass and includes dinners two conferences and ends with Adoration. Cost is $38 per person or $60 per couple.
For information email email@example.com or call 509-448-1224, ext. 109.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021