Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will host an Eve of Prayer on the blessings and blunders of marriage on Oct. 18.
“Suffering and Self-Sacrifice in Marriage: What the Wedding Feast at Cana and Christ on the Cross can teach us about Holy Matrimony,” will be lead by the Rev. Jeffrey Lewis, pastor of Parishes of Chewelah, Springdale, and Valley.
“We remember that unlike mere contracts (which are a 50/50 proposition), the covenant of Holy Matrimony is a 100/100 proposition: each half of the whole is all-in! This is the beautiful and mysterious spirituality of Holy Matrimony – a spirituality of self-sacrifice. At Cana and on the Cross, Jesus models for us what self-sacrifice is, and married couples who embrace this holy model hopefully will enjoy a rejuvenated marital bliss full of new vigor and blessed joy,” according to a press release.
The presentation will be from 5-8 p.m. It will begin with Mass and includes dinners two conferences and ends with Adoration. Cost is $38 per person or $60 per couple.
For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-448-1224, ext. 109.
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019