Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will host an Eve of Prayer on the blessings and blunders of marriage on Oct. 18.
“Suffering and Self-Sacrifice in Marriage: What the Wedding Feast at Cana and Christ on the Cross can teach us about Holy Matrimony,” will be lead by the Rev. Jeffrey Lewis, pastor of Parishes of Chewelah, Springdale, and Valley.
“We remember that unlike mere contracts (which are a 50/50 proposition), the covenant of Holy Matrimony is a 100/100 proposition: each half of the whole is all-in! This is the beautiful and mysterious spirituality of Holy Matrimony – a spirituality of self-sacrifice. At Cana and on the Cross, Jesus models for us what self-sacrifice is, and married couples who embrace this holy model hopefully will enjoy a rejuvenated marital bliss full of new vigor and blessed joy,” according to a press release.
The presentation will be from 5-8 p.m. It will begin with Mass and includes dinners two conferences and ends with Adoration. Cost is $38 per person or $60 per couple.
For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-448-1224, ext. 109.
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020