Because Sravasti Abbey, a nearby Buddhist monastery, operates strictly on volunteerism and donations, a fundraiser will be held this month to raise money for the medical needs of the abbey residents.
The fundraiser will be Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. at the Unitarian Universal Church of Spokane. According to an announcement the event will begin with a Thai dinner and be followed by a free showing of “Blessings,” a documentary about the nuns of Nangchen Nunnery in Tibet. Susan Virnig will lead a discussion on the film afterwards.
Cost for the dinner is $15 and tickets can be purchased online.
- FāVS Expands “Ask” series with Hindu and Quaker column - February 15, 2020
- The Problem With Tolerance - February 10, 2020
- Cannabis and Religion - February 5, 2020
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019
- Annual Chanukah Menorah Lighting to Take Place Downtown - December 18, 2019