Because Sravasti Abbey, a nearby Buddhist monastery, operates strictly on volunteerism and donations, a fundraiser will be held this month to raise money for the medical needs of the abbey residents.
The fundraiser will be Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. at the Unitarian Universal Church of Spokane. According to an announcement the event will begin with a Thai dinner and be followed by a free showing of “Blessings,” a documentary about the nuns of Nangchen Nunnery in Tibet. Susan Virnig will lead a discussion on the film afterwards.
Cost for the dinner is $15 and tickets can be purchased online.
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019