Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will host a Day of Prayer entitled, “Afterlife 101: What Happens When Our Earthly Pilgrimage Ends?,” led by John Fencik, on Jan. 14, 2015, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
According to a press release, “Death is mysterious, yet it is also a reality that faces every human being. John Fencik will help participants ponder the “active” life of heaven, the joy of seeing the Lord, and deepen the awareness of our Christian beliefs.”
Fencik has earned a M.Div. and MA in Biblical Studies. Currently, he is the associate director of Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services of Spokane.
The Day of Prayer will begin with a rosary at 9 a.m., will include two conferences, lunch, the sacrament of Reconciliation, Mass and will close with Adoration. Cost is $35 per person and includes lunch, (or $45 which also includes use of a private room for the day). Register in advance by calling (509)448-1224 or online at www.ihrc.net
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022