Next month, Gonzaga University will host its 5th International Conference on Hate Studies. The conference intends to bring several researchers and thought leaders to help find ways for the community to combat hate and promote human rights and justice in their neighborhoods.
The conference has nine confirmed speakers. Some of the local speakers include Dean Lynch with the Spokane County Human Rights Task Force and Tony Stewart with the Kootenai County Task Force on Human Rights. Other speakers include professors from various universities and representatives from other Human Rights groups. A more complete list can be found on Gonzaga’s press release.
The event is sponsored not only by Gonzaga University Institute for Hate Studies, but by the Human Rights Task Forces of Spokane and Kootenai County.
The Banquet Address will be delivered by Calgary Law Professor Kathleen Mahoney. With experience advocating for First Nations’ rights in Canada, Mahoney will speak on “Reconciliation as a Tool for Peace.”
The primary event of the conference will be on April 3 that will facilitate “an interactive community dialogue, where we encourage participation from a range of worldviews to address human rights in our community,”’ Director of GU Institute of Hate Studies Kristine Hoover said.
Artistic presentations will be shown alongside the community dialogue event. The arts will include a student-written play, a choral set and dance performance.
For more information, contact Kristine Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 313-3665.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018