Lutheran Community Services will hold the 8 Lakes Leg Aches bike ride to raise money for the Sexual Assault and Family Trauma Response Center and other programs.
The ride will be on Aug. 6 and will offer multiple routes of varying lengths. Riders can select a 15 mile, 30 mile, 45 mile, or 75 mile route. The longest route allows riders to view eight lakes: Willow, Granite, Silver, Medical, Clear, Chapman, Kepple and Fish.
Participants can ride for fun or as pledge riders who raise money through sponsorships. Last year, pledge riders raised over $74,000.
“The 8 Lakes Leg Aches bike ride is considered one of the best organized bike rides in Eastern Washington, with riders enjoying the beautiful scenery of West Spokane, Cheney and Medical Lake,” reads the website.
The race begins at the Group Health Corporate Office at 5615 W Sunset Hwy. Start times vary depending on what route riders choose. Start times can be found at http://www.lcsnw.org/8lakesride/.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018