Lutheran Community Services will hold the 8 Lakes Leg Aches bike ride to raise money for the Sexual Assault and Family Trauma Response Center and other programs.
The ride will be on Aug. 6 and will offer multiple routes of varying lengths. Riders can select a 15 mile, 30 mile, 45 mile, or 75 mile route. The longest route allows riders to view eight lakes: Willow, Granite, Silver, Medical, Clear, Chapman, Kepple and Fish.
Participants can ride for fun or as pledge riders who raise money through sponsorships. Last year, pledge riders raised over $74,000.
“The 8 Lakes Leg Aches bike ride is considered one of the best organized bike rides in Eastern Washington, with riders enjoying the beautiful scenery of West Spokane, Cheney and Medical Lake,” reads the website.
The race begins at the Group Health Corporate Office at 5615 W Sunset Hwy. Start times vary depending on what route riders choose. Start times can be found at http://www.lcsnw.org/8lakesride/.
- With grant, Whitworth aims to be spiritual renewal hub - February 5, 2018
- Real Life Ministries coming to South Hill - December 13, 2017
- Wellness Fair aims to keep church members healthy - October 24, 2017
- Green Bluff Renaissance Faire raises money for Second Harvest - October 12, 2017
- Local clergy say pope’s move to allow priests to forgive abortion is an example of mercy, grace - December 27, 2016
- Spokane Police Department Partners with Gonzaga on Culture Audit - August 10, 2016
- Organizations help feed Spokane’s youth during summer months - August 3, 2016
- Lutherhaven to celebrate 70th birthday with day-long celebration - August 1, 2016
- You Say You Want a Revolution: A Message to the politically lost millennial - July 29, 2016
- Upcoming bike race to raise money for sexual assault response - July 27, 2016