Unity churches in Spokane and around the globe will come together Sept. 12 for a day of prayer.
The theme of the 24-hour prayer event is “Infinite Presence, Unlimited Potential.” This year’s affirmation is, “I celebrate the vast possibilities for my life,” according to a press release.
“World Day of Prayer gives us an opportunity to come together in celebration of our oneness with God, each other, and our world. Through prayer we unite in celebration and intention.” said Rev. Jane Simmons, co minister at Unity Spiritual Center, said in an announcement.
On Sept. 12, Unity Spiritual Center, 2900 S. Bernard, will host a prayer vigil from 2-5:45 p.m and a labyrinth walk at 6 p.m. Attendees are asked to bring canned goods for the labyrinth walk, which will benefit 2nd Harvest Food Bank.
People of all faiths are invited to attend the event. Names can be
submitted for prayer online at worlddayofprayer.org.
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019