Unity churches in Spokane and around the globe will come together Sept. 12 for a day of prayer.
The theme of the 24-hour prayer event is “Infinite Presence, Unlimited Potential.” This year’s affirmation is, “I celebrate the vast possibilities for my life,” according to a press release.
“World Day of Prayer gives us an opportunity to come together in celebration of our oneness with God, each other, and our world. Through prayer we unite in celebration and intention.” said Rev. Jane Simmons, co minister at Unity Spiritual Center, said in an announcement.
On Sept. 12, Unity Spiritual Center, 2900 S. Bernard, will host a prayer vigil from 2-5:45 p.m and a labyrinth walk at 6 p.m. Attendees are asked to bring canned goods for the labyrinth walk, which will benefit 2nd Harvest Food Bank.
People of all faiths are invited to attend the event. Names can be
submitted for prayer online at worlddayofprayer.org.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020