Unity churches in Spokane and around the globe will come together Sept. 12 for a day of prayer.
The theme of the 24-hour prayer event is “Infinite Presence, Unlimited Potential.” This year’s affirmation is, “I celebrate the vast possibilities for my life,” according to a press release.
“World Day of Prayer gives us an opportunity to come together in celebration of our oneness with God, each other, and our world. Through prayer we unite in celebration and intention.” said Rev. Jane Simmons, co minister at Unity Spiritual Center, said in an announcement.
On Sept. 12, Unity Spiritual Center, 2900 S. Bernard, will host a prayer vigil from 2-5:45 p.m and a labyrinth walk at 6 p.m. Attendees are asked to bring canned goods for the labyrinth walk, which will benefit 2nd Harvest Food Bank.
People of all faiths are invited to attend the event. Names can be
submitted for prayer online at worlddayofprayer.org.
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019