Cue the abstinence-birth control debate: teen birth rates are at their lowest levels in almost 70 years. Greater use of contraceptives and lower incidence of sexual activity are cited.
The groves of Academe are getting sacred, or are at least studying the sacred a good deal more.
But there’s sacred and then there’s sacred – and the Falwells’ Liberty University is apparently wavering on inviting megachurch pastor Mark Driscoll to come hawk his rather explicit book on Christian sex.
Those gay Brigham Young University students who came out in a video are “not in obvious violation of the honor code,” BYU officials say.
Rutgers University is investigating a satirical student newspaper that published a column in praise of Adolf Hitler and attributing it to a Jewish student activist. Not so funny, really.
Read full post here.
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the ‘God gap’? - July 24, 2016
- That anti-Semitic Star of David tweet? ‘It’s just a star!’ Trump insists - July 7, 2016
- Trump to top evangelicals: ‘I’m so on your side, I’m a tremendous believer’ - June 21, 2016
- White evangelicals are backing Trump, new poll shows - June 16, 2016
- Cupich decries targeting of gays in Orlando attack - June 13, 2016
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering evangelical Christians - May 23, 2016
- Political turmoil is a ‘cancer’ on US society says Cupich - March 12, 2016
- Sanders: Pope Francis is a socialist like me - February 23, 2016
- Franklin Graham helps resolve Oregon standoff - February 12, 2016
- Mother Teresa miracle approved, sainthood set for September - December 17, 2015