On June 21 the Greater Spokane Association of Evangelicals will host a community discussion on transgender bathrooms.
The organization recently sent out a survey, in which 90 percent of respondents said the church will soon need to address the transgender bathroom issue. In an announcement, the GSAE also said they have heard numerous stories of men using the women’s restroom in local churches.
At the event, pastors will have the opportunity to discuss how to address this issue with their congregations. According to an announcement, confirmed panelists who will lead the transgender bathroom discussion are:
- Pastor Eric Blauer of Jacob’s Well Church
- Joseph Backhold of the Family Policy Institute
- Pastor Dan Shields of Valley Real Life
The discussion will be from 9-11 a.m. at Fellowship Church of God, 2102 East Everett Ave. A $10 suggested donation will be taken at the door. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP online as space is limited.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020