Tonight Salem Lutheran Church will host an educational event, “Building Bridges: Education on Immigration Advocacy” for faith leaders, organizers and community leaders.
Led by local clergy, educators or undocumented immigrant youth, known as Dreamers, at the session guests will learn about the nation’s immigration system and gain a Christian perspective on immigration reform. According to an announcement, they will also hear stories about undocumented students in the Spokane community and learn how to stand with them.
“This event is neither partisan nor a political statement, but rather is rooted in a compassionate invitation to love our neighbors,” the invitation reads.
The session will be from 6-8 p.m. at Salem, 1428 West Broadway Ave.
Attendees are asked to RSVP online.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022