Tonight Salem Lutheran Church will host an educational event, “Building Bridges: Education on Immigration Advocacy” for faith leaders, organizers and community leaders.
Led by local clergy, educators or undocumented immigrant youth, known as Dreamers, at the session guests will learn about the nation’s immigration system and gain a Christian perspective on immigration reform. According to an announcement, they will also hear stories about undocumented students in the Spokane community and learn how to stand with them.
“This event is neither partisan nor a political statement, but rather is rooted in a compassionate invitation to love our neighbors,” the invitation reads.
The session will be from 6-8 p.m. at Salem, 1428 West Broadway Ave.
Attendees are asked to RSVP online.
- Upcoming Coffee Talk: The State of Religion Reporting Today - November 28, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021