When bad things happen, or one is in need, is prayer enough? Many FāVS writers have written about the effectiveness of prayer over the past few weeks, as distressing headlines seem to be the norm as of late.
Today at 10 a.m. FāVS panelists will lead a forum, “The Role of Prayer” for its next Coffee Talk. This event, which is open to all, will be held in the student lounge in the Jepson Center on Gonzaga University’s Campus. Jepson is located on the Southwest side of campus, behind St. Al’s Church.
- FāVS Board Secretary Elizabeth Backstrom, who wrote “The complications of prayer“
- The Rev. Andy CastroLang, of Westminster UCC, who wrote, “Prayer is my communion“
- Gonzaga Student and Wolff Fellow Francesca Nevil, who write, “The underestimated power of prayer“
FāVS will provide free coffee, though it is limited. Guests are also welcome to bring their own beverages.
FāVS wants to hold more community events like this. With your donation, we can.
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020