When bad things happen, or one is in need, is prayer enough? Many FāVS writers have written about the effectiveness of prayer over the past few weeks, as distressing headlines seem to be the norm as of late.
Today at 10 a.m. FāVS panelists will lead a forum, “The Role of Prayer” for its next Coffee Talk. This event, which is open to all, will be held in the student lounge in the Jepson Center on Gonzaga University’s Campus. Jepson is located on the Southwest side of campus, behind St. Al’s Church.
- FāVS Board Secretary Elizabeth Backstrom, who wrote “The complications of prayer“
- The Rev. Andy CastroLang, of Westminster UCC, who wrote, “Prayer is my communion“
- Gonzaga Student and Wolff Fellow Francesca Nevil, who write, “The underestimated power of prayer“
FāVS will provide free coffee, though it is limited. Guests are also welcome to bring their own beverages.
FāVS wants to hold more community events like this. With your donation, we can.
- SpokaneFāVS Presents: Ask A Catholic - December 12, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018