When bad things happen, or one is in need, is prayer enough? Many FāVS writers have written about the effectiveness of prayer over the past few weeks, as distressing headlines seem to be the norm as of late.
Today at 10 a.m. FāVS panelists will lead a forum, “The Role of Prayer” for its next Coffee Talk. This event, which is open to all, will be held in the student lounge in the Jepson Center on Gonzaga University’s Campus. Jepson is located on the Southwest side of campus, behind St. Al’s Church.
- FāVS Board Secretary Elizabeth Backstrom, who wrote “The complications of prayer“
- The Rev. Andy CastroLang, of Westminster UCC, who wrote, “Prayer is my communion“
- Gonzaga Student and Wolff Fellow Francesca Nevil, who write, “The underestimated power of prayer“
FāVS will provide free coffee, though it is limited. Guests are also welcome to bring their own beverages.
FāVS wants to hold more community events like this. With your donation, we can.
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017