By Joe Niemiec
It seems such an easy question: Where to begin? Where are we to begin working for peace? I believe every tradition would say it all begins with prayer. Praying for the beginning of peace here at home, within our own hearts. I know the Christian tradition says where two or more are gathered and other traditions recognize the power of groups coming together for service, community, prayer, and meditation.
May we come together for 10 minutes on Feb. 1 in conjunction with leadership of the three Abrahamic traditions that will actually be in Syria to pray together for peace.
We will open the Center for Spiritual Living at the designated time for an extended prayer and meditation, anyone is welcome to join us. The exact time will not be available until the 31st, as soon as we have the time we will post it.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Jesus and the Easter Story - May 26, 2020
- Viewpoints: Does God Punish His Children? - January 25, 2020
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - January 7, 2020
- Trust & Safety: A Response to December’s Coffee Talk - December 28, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What Do You Think About Jesus - May 1, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018
- Recognizing and celebrating Christmas Day - December 24, 2017