His Eminence the 7th Ling Rinpoche, recognized as the reincarnation of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s Senior Tutor, will give a talk at North Idaho College on Thursday (Sept. 6).
He will speak in English on “Where Cultural Identity and Interdependence Connect: A Buddhist Perspective” at noon in the Lake Coeur d’Alene Room of the Edminster Student Union at North Idaho College,1000 W Garden Ave. in Coeur d’Alene. No registration or reservations are required and the event is free.
Born in 1983, the 7th Ling Rinpoche was recognized as the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama’s “root guru” in 1985. He has remained close with the Dalai Lama throughout his life, receiving the full monastic education and training of a recognized Tibetan master. A recently released documentary about the Dalai Lama shows that Tibet’s great leader expects the 7th Ling Rinpoche to help carry his vision for a compassionate world into the future, according to a press release.
Ling Rinpoche has been teaching in India, Asia, Europe, and North America since he was young, and he is a compelling teacher. He is interested in Western culture, and his first-time visit to the Inland Northwest offers a chance for him to learn more about American life.
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 15, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018
- Faith Action Network to hold fundraiser this month at Glover Mansion - November 4, 2018
- Spokane gathers with Jewish community to honor synagogue shooting victims - October 30, 2018
- Community Vigil to be held Tuesday in response to Synagogue shooting - October 28, 2018
- Spokane Chefs Partner with Feed the Children to Help End Childhood Hunger - October 26, 2018