What am I thankful for? I’ll mention only three of the hundreds of things for which I am thankful.
1. Jesus Christ, his Gospel, and his atoning sacrifice on behalf of every person who has, does, or will live on the earth.
2. Two daughters who have been brave enough, believing enough, and well qualified to spend 18 months of their lives doing full time missionary work, teaching the Gospel to those who want to learn.
3. The Spokane Paratransit system which provides transportation to and from work for my son who has disabilities. This includes the schedulers with whom I speak regularly and who patiently perform a complicated task, the drivers who provide safe and courteous transportation for Ryan and the other riders, and also the support people we don’t normally have direct contact with but who help make this transportation system possible — the mechanics, the clerical staff, the supervisors who help when there’s a “crisis,” and I’m sure many others I don’t know about. Ryan also uses the regular bus system and we appreciate those drivers, also, and all the Spokane Transit staff.
- Why I’m drawn to different types of prayer - December 11, 2013
- VIEWPOINTS RESPONSE: Children should be welcome - October 7, 2013
- God never plays favorites - September 16, 2013
- We thank God for specific blessings - September 2, 2013
- Excited for the Second Coming - August 5, 2013
- Eternal life is the greatest gift - July 31, 2013
- Motto of the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society: “In Christ’s Love, Everyone is Someone” - June 17, 2013
- LDS decor at home - April 30, 2013
- The gift of Donorschoose - December 10, 2012
- Three things for which I’m thankful - November 19, 2012