Update: Weather permitting, we may celebrate Holi by throwing colors outside!
The dry colors usually come off easy from cotton clothes, so it be may be a good idea to carry an old t-shirt to wear over clothes and a towel for the car seat if/when the time comes to play with colors.
The Meet The Neighbors series, presented by SpokaneFāVS and the Spokane Interfaith Council, will continue today with a chance to meet Spokane’s Hindu community.
Meet The Neighbors is a house of worship tour that began in 2016.
The event will take place today from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Southside Senior & Community Center, 3151 E 27th Ave.
Because there isn’t a Hindu temple in Spokane yet, many local Hindus worship (puja) in their homes. For community gatherings they currently meet at the Southside Center.
At this month’s Meet The Neighbors attendees can meet local Hindus, learn about the religion, experience the spring festival of Holi, which is celebrated this month, and taste homemade Indian food.
If you value the Meet the Neighbors program, please consider making a donation so we can continue this community event.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020