Giving Tuesday was created four years ago as a way to give back and say thanks to the organizations you’re grateful for.
The Giving Tuesday website says it well, “We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back.”
As the charitable season kicks off, we ask that you think of SpokaneFāVS.
In June this publication earned its non-profit status and depends on sponsors and donations to operate. It may not seem like a digital publication has many expenses, but SpokaneFāVS has administrative costs, website hosting and maintenance costs, marketing costs and one day would like to be able to pay its staff.
Thank you for supporting FāVS by reading our columns and articles, sharing them on social media, commenting on stories, coming to our events (like Saturday’s upcoming Coffee Talk) and for considering making a donation.[wp_paypal_payment]
- The key to restoration is embracing, not forgetting, the past - September 16, 2019
- Political signs say who we vote for, not who we are - July 31, 2019
- ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ at Washington state libraries attracts protesters - June 23, 2019
- Meme about Muslims leads to important dialogue - June 18, 2019
- Library’s Drag Queen Story Hour Draws Protest, Praise - June 5, 2019
- Finding peace this Mother’s Day despite the differences - May 12, 2019
- New law requires professors in Washington to accommodate religious holidays - April 30, 2019
- Bookmobile, groceries and relationships help niche bookstore stay afloat - April 25, 2019
- There’s Room For Everyone - April 15, 2019
- Spokane stands in solidarity with Muslim community after Christchurch massacre - March 22, 2019