Giving Tuesday was created four years ago as a way to give back and say thanks to the organizations you’re grateful for.
The Giving Tuesday website says it well, “We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back.”
As the charitable season kicks off, we ask that you think of SpokaneFāVS.
In June this publication earned its non-profit status and depends on sponsors and donations to operate. It may not seem like a digital publication has many expenses, but SpokaneFāVS has administrative costs, website hosting and maintenance costs, marketing costs and one day would like to be able to pay its staff.
Thank you for supporting FāVS by reading our columns and articles, sharing them on social media, commenting on stories, coming to our events (like Saturday’s upcoming Coffee Talk) and for considering making a donation.[wp_paypal_payment]
- For open minds, Spokane is home to a diverse religious tradition that should be celebrated - January 14, 2020
- Why people of faith shouldn’t support President Trump - December 9, 2019
- Temple Beth Shalom Begins Series on Israel - December 8, 2019
- Don’t just cope with disillusionment, learn from it - November 11, 2019
- Douglas Wilson’s ‘spiritual takeover’ plan roils Idaho college town - November 5, 2019
- Famed Christian Author Diana Butler Bass Coming to Moscow Church - October 18, 2019
- ‘Running the homeless out of the city is running Jesus out of the city’ - October 15, 2019
- The key to restoration is embracing, not forgetting, the past - September 16, 2019
- Political signs say who we vote for, not who we are - July 31, 2019
- ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ at Washington state libraries attracts protesters - June 23, 2019