Pope Francis is making a historic visit to the U.S. next week.
And now there’s an app for that.
People can now text about his visit with the popemoji app, which is an application with animated GIFs and stickers featuring the pope.
The app, created by Swyft Media, has 14 gifs (animated images) and 52 stickers of Pope Francis, from him in the Popemobile, in a taxi, playing soccer and watering a garden.
Because he’ll be visiting Washington D.C., New York City and Philadelphia, the app includes Pope Francis at historic features in those locations – like him at the Statue of Liberty.
The app is part of a large social media push as part of the pope’s visit to the U.S.
SpokaneFāVS will be traveling to Philadelphia next weekend to cover Pope Francis’ visit there. Follow our coverage here.
- Time away from the office leads to a lesson in letting go - June 20, 2022
- What children can teach us about blind faith and the power of ‘Why’? - March 21, 2022
- Christian Author, Diana Butler Bass, to Speak at Pullman Symposium - March 19, 2022
- As gay marriage turns 10 in Washington state, a reminder that progress is slow - February 14, 2022
- Finding the courage to speak, even in the face of alienation - January 17, 2022
- Dogs and dharma: A prison ministry yields children’s book teaching Buddhist lessons - January 5, 2022
- Lessons from Buddha on how to see the good in other people, including my dad - December 20, 2021
- Do you care about religion reporting in Spokane? Consider a donation - November 15, 2021
- Study Shows Churches Find “New Norms” During Pandemic - November 10, 2021
- He has a history of antisemitic tweets — and now a GOP endorsement for school board - October 29, 2021