The Difference Between Protestant and Non-Denominational Church
When it comes to the differences between the non-denominational church and the protestant church. You will find not one but many variances and dissimilarities. If you want to know in detail. Read this blog till the end.
Differences Between Protestant and Non-Denominational Church
Difference #1: First difference is the main one that sets protestant and non-denominational churches apart. Protestant churches are one of the three subdivisions of Christianity. However, the non-denominational churches are a part of protestant churches without highlighting denominations. It means these churches are not tied with any kind of organization.
Difference #2: Even the meaning of the “protestant” is to “hold or bear witness”. But the “non-denominational” refers to the point that the current churches as in the protestant ones are not linked with historic denominations. By that, they mean Assemblies of God, Methodism, or even Baptist are obsolete and not connected with non-denominational churches.
Difference #3: Even though some chapters and certain sermons are outside the Bible. But they hold significance. For example, we have Martin Luther’s sermons, Nicene Creed, etc. On the other hand, non-denominational churches hold conservative evangelicalism important.
Difference #4: Protestant churches take scripture high and above everything. For Protestants, the Bible is the inspiration and serves the church’s tradition. However, when we talk about non-denominational churches, they are mostly conservative. But at the same time, these churches use statements from the Scripture. They don’t put it high above everything though!
Difference #5: Protestants have faith in three persons and call it the Trinity – Holy Spirit, the Father, and Son. Interestingly, non-denominational churches believe in Trinitarianism. So, there is no difference on this side of the belief system.
Difference #6: Last but not least, the difference between protestant and non-denominational churches relies on salvation. However, protestants have faith in the salvation which comes through Jesus Christ. Protestants come in different forms – Baptists, Arminians, and Calvinists. Non-denominational churches are usually Calvinists or Arminian. They can’t be Lutherans.
- Do Non-Denominational Churches Baptize? - September 22, 2022
- The Ways Faith Helps People In Everyday Life - September 21, 2022
- Features of Online Dating for Christians - September 13, 2022
- How to Ask for a Sign From the Universe, Angels and Spirit Guides - September 10, 2022
- How to Study the Bible – 10 Handy Tips - August 23, 2022
- The Difference Between Protestant and Non-Denominational Church - August 19, 2022
- What Does a Non-Denominational Church Believe? - August 17, 2022
- 5 Family-Friendly Activities To Do With Kids This Halloween - August 9, 2022
- How Praying Can Bring a Positive Change in Your Familial Life - August 9, 2022
- What are the Laws and Ethics Behind Cannabis Legalization? - August 6, 2022