Thank you, dear readers, for another succesful event! About 30 people attended the discussion, which was about “Violence and the Sacred.” Our panelists included the Rev. Liv Larson Andrews, Pastor Eric Blauer, Sam Fletcher, Rev. Joe Niemiec Jr., Joe Newby and Colleen McClean. Not only did we discuss how violence is weaved into religious traditions, but also how as a community we can become more peaceful.
Panelists and attendees, what were your thoughts on today's conversation?
Our next Coffee Talk will be March 2. The topic and location have yet to be determined.
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- August Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - July 22, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021