Thank you, dear readers, for another succesful event! About 30 people attended the discussion, which was about “Violence and the Sacred.” Our panelists included the Rev. Liv Larson Andrews, Pastor Eric Blauer, Sam Fletcher, Rev. Joe Niemiec Jr., Joe Newby and Colleen McClean. Not only did we discuss how violence is weaved into religious traditions, but also how as a community we can become more peaceful.
Panelists and attendees, what were your thoughts on today's conversation?
Our next Coffee Talk will be March 2. The topic and location have yet to be determined.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020