Around two years ago I moved to your town, sat with many of you and said my company and I were going to be launching an online publication that would cover religion news in this area. The site didn’t yet have a name, or a URL. All I could promise you was that it would be super cool and fill a void in your community.
You listened to me, and you gave me — a stranger — a chance. You agreed to write for me (45 of you!), to read our stories, to come to our community events, to support us financially (ahem, we need more help in this area), you followed us on social media and I’m proud to say that it’s paid off. On Saturday evening (Sept. 28) at the annual Religion Newswriters Association Conference Spokane Faith & Values was recognized as one of the top online religion sections in the country.
The site took third in the Schachern Award for Online Religion Section of the Year.
When I accepted the award, I thanked the Spokane community for supporting this site, I thanked our writers who make this site happen and I thanked the entire Faith & Values team, who I couldn’t do this without.
Thanks everyone, can’t wait to see what we come home with next year,
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020