Around two years ago I moved to your town, sat with many of you and said my company and I were going to be launching an online publication that would cover religion news in this area. The site didn’t yet have a name, or a URL. All I could promise you was that it would be super cool and fill a void in your community.
You listened to me, and you gave me — a stranger — a chance. You agreed to write for me (45 of you!), to read our stories, to come to our community events, to support us financially (ahem, we need more help in this area), you followed us on social media and I’m proud to say that it’s paid off. On Saturday evening (Sept. 28) at the annual Religion Newswriters Association Conference Spokane Faith & Values was recognized as one of the top online religion sections in the country.
The site took third in the Schachern Award for Online Religion Section of the Year.
When I accepted the award, I thanked the Spokane community for supporting this site, I thanked our writers who make this site happen and I thanked the entire Faith & Values team, who I couldn’t do this without.
Thanks everyone, can’t wait to see what we come home with next year,
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019