This month Temple Beth Shalom will be offering two introductory classes: Living Judaism – A Course in the Basics, and Beginning Hebrew.
Both classes start Oct. 14 and continue every Sunday throughout the school year.
According to a press release, Living Judaism is for those considering conversion, beginning an adult Jewish journey, or anyone who wants to reinvigorate their Jewish life.
In the Beginning Hebrew class, students will learn the Hebrew alphabet, common vocabulary words and will practice reading out loud.
Both courses are taught by Rabbi Tamar Malino. Cost is $180 for members of the synagogue (scholarships available) and $360 for non-members and may include additional textbook fees.
For information or to register call (509) 747-3304.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it, we can provide more community news like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018
- Faith Action Network to hold fundraiser this month at Glover Mansion - November 4, 2018