The Tapestry Ensemble will present its free recital “Sonatas and Songs for a Friday Afternoon” on Friday at 1 p.m. at Central Lutheran Church, 512 S Bernard St.
The ensemble formed in 2014 to play trio sonatas, a popular form of music in the 17th and 18th centuries. A trio sonata typically consists of four movements played by two solo instruments, and a continuo played by harpsichord and cello.
Tapestry’s members include Karen Stahl on flute, Jill Cathey on oboe, Gwen Innes on cello, and Gretchen Ramsey on harpsichord. Ramsey, founder of the ensemble, holds a bachelor’s degree in music history from the University of California Los Angeles, and sings in St. John the Evangelist’s Cathedral and Kantorei Choirs.
The program will include Georg Philipp Telemann’s “Trio Sonata in A Minor,” Antonio Vivaldi’s “Concerto in F Major,” and Jean Baptiste Loeillet’s “Trio Sonata in F Major.” Mezzo soprano Angela Hunt, who holds bachelor’s degrees in vocal performance and music education from Whitworth University, will perform various pieces in the program accompanied by pianist Carol Miyamoto. Vocalist Melissa Drumm will join Hunt for a duet.
Light refreshments will be served after the recital, and free off-street parking is available on the south side of the church.
- Spokane community ‘gloms onto’ Yoga at the Cathedral - November 4, 2017
- At GU lecture Rabbi who faced harassment head-on gives advice on combating hate - October 22, 2017
- Whitefish rabbi to speak at Gonzaga about responding to hate - October 20, 2017
- Writing about hate is heavy, but enlightening - October 6, 2017
- Since election anti-Semitic and racist vandalism has plagued region - September 22, 2017
- OUTCRY Tour: I felt safe. I felt at home. I felt at peace. - August 12, 2017
- Spokane author’s faith journey leads her to write children’s book on Hinduism - July 2, 2017
- With statement Christian professors commit to represent vulnerable, marginalized - April 30, 2017
- March for Science to take place downtown April 22 - April 12, 2017
- Second Harvest Offers Spring Cooking Break Camp - March 26, 2017