I think Augustine answered it best.
“God does not demand much of you. He asks back what he gave you, and from him you take what is enough for you. The superfluities of the rich are the necessities of the poor. When you possess superfluities, you possess what belongs to others.”
-St. Augustine (Exposition on Psalm 147, 12).
- 16 New Testament guiding principles on giving - October 6, 2016
- Men, Gilgamesh & the call of the Wild - September 15, 2016
- Flat Tires, Flannery O’Conner and a Bigot Barber - August 18, 2016
- Feeding the hungry unawares - August 10, 2016
- ISIS, the DNC and the Martyrdom of Father Jacques Hamel in France - July 26, 2016
- Making America Wait Again - July 19, 2016
- Viewpoints: How can faith communities help ease racial tensions? - July 18, 2016
- Are the Barbarians at the Gates? - July 15, 2016
- Churches, Gender Laws and the future of Community Development in our Cities - July 6, 2016
- Proud to be an American - July 4, 2016