To me, a steward is a protector.
In the Bible, it talks about how mankind is supposed to be stewards of the earth. While it may seem that the earth is in bad shape, we still have a chance to save it.
Being a steward also means to guard a treasured possession for someone. It could be watching a neighbor’s house while they are away on vacation or babysitting a sibling’s children for the night.
Besides being a protector, a steward’s responsibilities are to serve the domestic, service and management needs of the household. This can be in terms of someone serving their own household or serving the needs of people at their office.
Another aspect of stewardship is for people to use the gifts God gave them. For a professor, it is using their give of teaching that they use to impart knowledge onto his or her students. For a doctor, it using their gift of healing that they use to make their patients better.
As stewards, we are all given a chance to protect and to serve others. We should use the gifts God has given us.
- Pastors and relating to age - June 17, 2013
- Former winery is now center for parents - June 11, 2013
- Always love your children - June 3, 2013
- “Aladdin Jr.” enchants audiences at the Bing - May 29, 2013
- Preaching about politics to make a point is OK - May 20, 2013
- Steward is protector - May 13, 2013
- Where We Worship: New Community Church brings urban-focused ministry to Spokane - May 8, 2013
- Everyone has a right to work toward their dream - May 7, 2013
- Wise words from sages - April 29, 2013
- Temple Spring Food Festival feeds many - April 22, 2013