St. John’s Cathedral will hold its annual Fourth of July picnic and concert on July 4. The concert will feature Associate Carillonist at UC Berkeley, Wesley Arai.
The concert will begin at 9 p.m. and will continue until 10 p.m., at which time, attendees can enjoy the city fireworks.
This year’s concert marks Arai’s sixth annual concert held at St. John’s, 127 E 12th Ave. He will perform patriotic, classical and popular songs with the 49 bells that make up Bishop Cross Tower.
“Early evening picnics on the lawn across 12th Street from the Cathedral are one of Spokane’s hidden holiday venues,” Judith Shadford said in a press release.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018