On Nov. 6 Sravasti Abbey will host its next Sharing the Dharma Day, which is a time for guests to explore fellowship and explore the Buddha’s teachings.
According to an announcement, “People from all faiths and backgrounds can apply the principles explored on Sharing the Dharma Day to enhance their lives.”
Those who attend are asked to bring a vegetarian potluck dish to share (no meat, eggs, garlic, onions or radishes).
The day begins at 10 a.m. with meditation, will include a Dharma talk, discussion and will conclude with a tour of the property around 3 p.m.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane in Newport.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020