On May 6 Friends of Sravasti Abbey is asking volunteers to come to Offering Service Saturday to help with routine maintenance and cleaning at the abbey.
Service could include garden work, cleaning, or cooking.
The organizers said in an announcement, “The idea is to strengthen the Abbey’s support community and, at the same time, take a bit of the workload off the shoulders of the nuns. We believe these monthly service opportunities will help us cultivate the qualities of goodness, virtue and generosity in our lives at home.”
The day will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the abbey, 692 Country Lane in Newport.
Those planning to attend are asked to RSVP at volunteer.sravasti
Dates for future Offering Service Saturdays are June 3, July 15, Aug. 19, Sept. 9, Oct. 7 and Nov. 4.
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017