On Aug. 16 Sravasti Abbey will welcome Venerable Thubten Lobsang (formerly Brian Lawson) to its monastic community.
Lobsang is the first and only monk to be part of Sravasti.
He joined the community as a trainee in November and took anagarika ordination in January. He was ordained in Seattle, according to an announcement from the abbey.
Sravasti will welcome him during its Sharing the Dharma Day program, where he will be introduced, share his story and have a question and answer session with the other monastics.
The Sharing the Dharma program begins at 9:45 a.m. and Lobsang’s celebration will begin around 1:45 p.m. RSVp is requested by emailing the abbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020