According to the monastics at the Tibetan Buddhist monastery near Newport, Sravasti Abbey, “In today’s chaotic and competitive world, it’s hard to notice how others contribute to our well-being. Yet, from the Buddhist point of view, we constantly benefit from others’ efforts—even people we don’t know.”
That’s why they’ll be hosting Sharing the Dharma Day, which offers a look at the kindness of others on Sunday, Dec. 8, from 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is open to people from all backgrounds and spiritual traditions, and will include guided meditation, a teaching on the topic, vegetarian potluck lunch, and facilitated discussion.
The day will also include the opportunity to meet new people, tour the Abbey grounds and forest, and get to know the Abbey nuns and monk. The program is offered freely, and donations as well as food offerings for the community are accepted.
Please bring food to share for lunch, avoiding onions, garlic, and leeks as well as meat, fish, or chicken. Dress is casual, although modesty is appropriate for a monastic environment.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane, Newport. For more information and directions call 509-447-5549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019
- Annual Chanukah Menorah Lighting to Take Place Downtown - December 18, 2019
- Moran UMC continues “Pub Theology” - December 15, 2019
- North Dakota county votes to take limited number of refugees - December 11, 2019
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019