According to the monastics at the Tibetan Buddhist monastery near Newport, Sravasti Abbey, “In today’s chaotic and competitive world, it’s hard to notice how others contribute to our well-being. Yet, from the Buddhist point of view, we constantly benefit from others’ efforts—even people we don’t know.”
That’s why they’ll be hosting Sharing the Dharma Day, which offers a look at the kindness of others on Sunday, Dec. 8, from 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is open to people from all backgrounds and spiritual traditions, and will include guided meditation, a teaching on the topic, vegetarian potluck lunch, and facilitated discussion.
The day will also include the opportunity to meet new people, tour the Abbey grounds and forest, and get to know the Abbey nuns and monk. The program is offered freely, and donations as well as food offerings for the community are accepted.
Please bring food to share for lunch, avoiding onions, garlic, and leeks as well as meat, fish, or chicken. Dress is casual, although modesty is appropriate for a monastic environment.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane, Newport. For more information and directions call 509-447-5549 or email email@example.com.
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020