According to the monastics at the Tibetan Buddhist monastery near Newport, Sravasti Abbey, “In today’s chaotic and competitive world, it’s hard to notice how others contribute to our well-being. Yet, from the Buddhist point of view, we constantly benefit from others’ efforts—even people we don’t know.”
That’s why they’ll be hosting Sharing the Dharma Day, which offers a look at the kindness of others on Sunday, Dec. 8, from 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is open to people from all backgrounds and spiritual traditions, and will include guided meditation, a teaching on the topic, vegetarian potluck lunch, and facilitated discussion.
The day will also include the opportunity to meet new people, tour the Abbey grounds and forest, and get to know the Abbey nuns and monk. The program is offered freely, and donations as well as food offerings for the community are accepted.
Please bring food to share for lunch, avoiding onions, garlic, and leeks as well as meat, fish, or chicken. Dress is casual, although modesty is appropriate for a monastic environment.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane, Newport. For more information and directions call 509-447-5549 or email email@example.com.
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- June Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - May 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Children and Music First - April 25, 2020