According to the monastics at the Tibetan Buddhist monastery near Newport, Sravasti Abbey, “In today’s chaotic and competitive world, it’s hard to notice how others contribute to our well-being. Yet, from the Buddhist point of view, we constantly benefit from others’ efforts—even people we don’t know.”
That’s why they’ll be hosting Sharing the Dharma Day, which offers a look at the kindness of others on Sunday, Dec. 8, from 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is open to people from all backgrounds and spiritual traditions, and will include guided meditation, a teaching on the topic, vegetarian potluck lunch, and facilitated discussion.
The day will also include the opportunity to meet new people, tour the Abbey grounds and forest, and get to know the Abbey nuns and monk. The program is offered freely, and donations as well as food offerings for the community are accepted.
Please bring food to share for lunch, avoiding onions, garlic, and leeks as well as meat, fish, or chicken. Dress is casual, although modesty is appropriate for a monastic environment.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane, Newport. For more information and directions call 509-447-5549 or email email@example.com.
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019