On March 17 at 3 p.m. the Spokane Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will present its spring concert at Central Lutheran Church, 512 S. Bernard St.
The varied program will include Byrl Cinnamon playing Mormon Tabernacle Organist Robert Cundick’s “Recessional;” Floyd Czoski on organ, with Kathleen Czoski, cello, playing a Toccata by Italian composer Girolamo Frescobaldi; and Mark Haberman performing “Brother James Air,” by American organist/composer Searle Wright. Other featured organists will be Rose Dempsey, Jonas Malone, and brothers Cedric and Ciarnan Bidwell Williams, the latter three being graduates of last year’s Organ Academy.
The second half of the concert will present the Crescendo Community Chorus, conducted by Sharon Rodkey Smith, singing “Canticle to the Spirit” by Eleanor Daley, “A Child Said” by James McCray with oboist David Coons, and “Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around,” arranged by Rollo Dilworth.
The finale will be two movements from John Rutter’s Mass of the Children, the “Sanctus and Benedictus,” and the “Agnus Dei.” For these movements the Crescendo Choir will be joined by a chorus of adults from area choirs. Accompanist will be Trude Harris.
The concert is free and open to the public though a voluntary, free-will offering will be taken. A reception will follow. For more information, call Janet Ahrend at (509)-624-5627.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more briefs like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020