On March 17 at 3 p.m. the Spokane Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will present its spring concert at Central Lutheran Church, 512 S. Bernard St.
The varied program will include Byrl Cinnamon playing Mormon Tabernacle Organist Robert Cundick’s “Recessional;” Floyd Czoski on organ, with Kathleen Czoski, cello, playing a Toccata by Italian composer Girolamo Frescobaldi; and Mark Haberman performing “Brother James Air,” by American organist/composer Searle Wright. Other featured organists will be Rose Dempsey, Jonas Malone, and brothers Cedric and Ciarnan Bidwell Williams, the latter three being graduates of last year’s Organ Academy.
The second half of the concert will present the Crescendo Community Chorus, conducted by Sharon Rodkey Smith, singing “Canticle to the Spirit” by Eleanor Daley, “A Child Said” by James McCray with oboist David Coons, and “Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around,” arranged by Rollo Dilworth.
The finale will be two movements from John Rutter’s Mass of the Children, the “Sanctus and Benedictus,” and the “Agnus Dei.” For these movements the Crescendo Choir will be joined by a chorus of adults from area choirs. Accompanist will be Trude Harris.
The concert is free and open to the public though a voluntary, free-will offering will be taken. A reception will follow. For more information, call Janet Ahrend at (509)-624-5627.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more briefs like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021