Spokane’s Singing Nuns will perform two summer concerts this Fourth of July.
The nuns are members of the Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen and live at St. Michael’s Convent at Mount St. Michael.
The nuns, who sing as a way to raise funds to maintain their 1917 convent, will have a concert on July 4 and 5 at Mount St. Michael, 8500 N St Michaels Road.
The July 4 concert includes a dessert social and boasts a view of city fireworks from the bluff of Mt. St. Michael. Gates open at 7 p.m. and cost is $5. Children under 7 years old are free.
Then, on July 5, is their annual luncheon concert. The event is catered by the sisters. Lunch is followed by a concert. RSVP for this event has already passed.
Their next performance will be in December.
- FāVS is having an Easter sale - March 20, 2018
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017