Sravasti Abbey in Newport invites all you 20-somethings to explore Tibetan Buddhism from June 8-15. The course, Buddhist Community for Young Adults, includes meditation, teachings, Dharma discussions and, “a chance to work outdoors in beautiful gardens, meadows, and woodlands in northeastern Washington,” according to the abbey. You can register here. I’d join you but, sigh, I’m too old.
Anyway, it’s garage sale season and The Paulsen House will have a big one June 15 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.) and 16 (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.). Furniture, books and household items will be for sale. Rosa Gallica Gift Shop will be open one last time for a final sale. And don’t forget that the Sacred Rubble sale at Unity Church, Spokane will continue tonight until 7 and tomorrow until 2 p.m. I’ve become a big fan of yard sales. I blame the History Channel.
If you’re a fan of C.S. Lewis, like I am, then you’ll be excited to learn that a dramatic adaption of “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” will be on stage through the weekend at Spartan Theater. Show starts nightly at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased here.
Congratulations to the Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council for winning the Agora Award on May 30. The award, given by Greater Spokane Inc., honors locals businesses and non-profits for business excellence. And kudos to Christ Kitchen for being named a finalist for the award.
Finally, in case you missed it, this week we wrote about a group of Eastern Washington University students who learned about turbans and the Sikh faith. Check it out.
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022