In the chaos that was last week, I didn’t get a chance to write a religion wrap-up and I really wanted to give a shout-out to The Spovangelist. Editor-in-Chief Alayna Becker gave us an outstanding review on Sept. 10 and you should all go read it. The Spovangelist gets what we’re all about and we can’t wait to work with them further.
In case you missed it, last week we wrote about Congregation Emanu-El’s new rabbi. Their Yom Kippur service will be Sept. 26 at 10:30 a.m.
This weekend Life Center will conclude its series, “Polarized” about religion, politics and gay marriage. “Jesus died for people not issues,” the church states on its website. The series has been teaching how to develop a biblical worldview of the above issues and how to “reframe these conversations with our neighbors in love.” You can listen to Pastor Joe Witter’s last sermon, on politics, here.
Speaking of big issues, the hot topic on SpokaneFAVS this week was about the havoc the “Innocence of Muslims” film has caused in the Middle East. A young student from Bahrain shared her perspective with us, which caused a flurry of comments on our site. It also prompted our writer Sam Fletcher to respond with his post, “With freedom of speech comes responsibility,” which also spurred lots of dialogue.
Join us in these conversations, won’t you?
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020