Did you see this week’s Where we Worship feature on Eastpoint Church? It’s three days old and people are still liking it on Facebook and tweeting it out. Your church, mosque or synagogue could be our next Where We Worship, ya' know. Just ask.
It doesn’t feel much like Christmas to me — the lack of snow perhaps? Maybe next week’s Christmas concerts at Gonzaga will help. The GU Choirs (totaling 110 singers) will present their annual Candlelight Christmas Concert, titled “True Peace,” twice this holiday season: at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 7 and 2 p.m., Dec. 8. The concerts will take place in St. Aloysius Church on campus.
Whitworth will also have a Christmas concert. On Saturday the Annual Christmas Festival Concerts featuring Whitworth Choir, Whitworth Women's Choir, Whitworth Men's Chorus, Whitworth Chamber Singers and student instrumentalists will take place at The Fox. Tickets are $18, or $15 for students.
If you don’t want coal in your stocking this year, you might be interested in next week’s Coal Train Testimonies, which will be held at the fairgrounds. The event, presented by the Army Corps of Engineers, will be on Dec. 4 from 4 to 7 p.m.
On a lighter note, Journey to Bethlehem starts today. This is a free, outdoor journey at South Hill Adventist Church where visitors can experience the walk through Bethlehem the night Jesus was born. Tonight’s tour begins at 6 p.m. at the church, 5607 S. Freya. It will continue Saturday and Sunday at 5 p.m.
A few days later, on Dec. 9, President Bishop of The Episcopal Church Katharine Jefferts Schori will be in Spokane. She’s expected to lead the 9:15 a.m. adult forum at St. John’s Cathedral and preach at the 10:30 a.m. service.
And that’s just the beginning of December — hold onto your hats, it’s going to be a busy month!
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019
- Chabad Spokane to Host Evening of Prayer & Reflection for Poway Shooting - May 2, 2019
- LDS Temple To Be Built in Moses Lake - April 28, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Joins National Stand Against Racism Event - April 23, 2019