Bishop James Waggoner has an Easter message for everybody here. In it he reminds us to give thanks this season, and not just think about the time we get off work.
You can find this weekend’s Holy Week services here.
It’s no doubt a busy season. And it doesn’t end with Easter. Earth Day is April 21 and a lot is happening. Auntie’s Bookstore will have an Earth Day story time that day during Spokane’s Earth Day Celebration, which will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Main Street. You can stay updated on local Earth Day stuff here. Don’t worry; we have more coming on that. All the more reason to stay tuned to SpokaneFAVS.
Also in April the nuns at Sravasti Abbey will begin a weekly group “Guided Meditations on the Stages of the Path,” which will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Church beginning April 30 and continuing through June 4.
Speaking of the Unitarian Church, have you read Rev. Todd Ekloff’s book “A Gospel for Liberals” yet? With chapters titled, “Jesus was a Draft-Dodget,” and “Jesus was a Feminist,” it’s no wonder it’s a page-turner.
Anyhoo, hopefully by now you’ve had time to click around and fall in love with our new, much-anticipated website. I urge you to register so you can leave comments, submit calendar items, news items, press releases, etc. I promise we won’t spam you. We just need you to register so we know you’re a real person. It’s super easy, if you need help just shoot me an email at Tracy.Simmons@spokanefavs.com.
And, don’t forget April 10 is our first fundraiser, “Advancing your church in the Digital Age.” If your church website needs a little help, or a lot of help, or doesn’t even exist yet, then you should have someone from your church come to this! It’s free, although donations are appreciated.
OK, so see you Tuesday, yes?
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022