SpokaneFAVS celebrated its third annual Faith Feast: An Interfaith Progressive Dinner Sunday evening (April 26) with baklava, vegetarian meatballs, strawberry shortcake and tours of three of Spokane’s houses of worship.
Faith Feast is held annually to celebrate SpokaneFAVS anniversary. This year we turn 3 years old.
Faith Feast 2015 started with Greek homemade appetizers at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. The Rev. Stephen Supica answered questions about his tradition before a deacon led the Faith Feast group into the sanctuary for a tour. There guests learned about the iconography in the church, the worship services and other Greek Orthodox traditions.
The smell of vegetarian cuisine wafted through the fellowship hall as Faith Feasters mingled with church members and learned about many of the church ministries, like God’s Closet, which provides free children’s clothes to those in the community. Pastor Dayv Lounsbury delivered an overview of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist religion as guests dined on salad, rolls, meatless chicken, meatballs and other goodies.
The final Faith Feast stop was at Salem Lutheran Church, where a homemade strawberry shortcake dessert was waiting. There, guests learned about the work Salem is doing in the West Central neighborhood, saw the sanctuary and got to ask questions about the progressive ELCA tradition.
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- August Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - July 22, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021