This Fall Spokane’s YWCA will hold its annual Women of Achievement Impact Luncheon to honor a woman from the Spokane area for their work at making an important impact in society.
This year’s Woman of Achievement has not yet been selected and is open for nominations. Nomination submissions are due by July 11 and can be made online. The Impact Luncheon will be held on Oct. 7.
Nominees for the Woman of Achievement Award are expected to have demonstrated leadership in arts, culture, business, industry, racial and social justice, community enhancement, education, science, technology and environment.
This year’s keynote speaker is Ashley Judd. Judd is a humanitarian that has spoken on the impacts of coal mining and youth with AIDS.
“Ashley Judd has given a voice to the voiceless, raising awareness and making change,” Regina Malveaux, chief executive officer of YWCA of Spokane said in a press release.
Those who are interested are asked to RSVP online. Prices for the luncheon vary depending on tables.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018