Globally Muslims observe Eid with community prayers and feast, even if they aren’t on hajj.
The pilgrimage to Mecca, the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, is the fifth pillar of Islam. Muslims who are financially and physically able are expected to make the hajj at least once in their lifetime.
One member of the Islamic Center, Iman Elmallah, is participating in the hajj this year.
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019