White faith leaders in Spokane will gather on Sept. 25, four months after the death of George Floyd, to make a public act of repentance for the sin of racism, according to an announcement.
Count Us In: Beyond Words Spokane will take place at Bethel AME Church at 6 p.m.
At the event white clergy and other Christian leaders plan to make a commitment to a year of anti-racist work. This will include working to build relationships, practice reparations and learn more about how racism works in their daily lives and in the Spokane community.
Those interested in participating can register online.
If you appreciate FāVS please consider supporting us by becoming a member, making a donation or buying an ad on our site.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020