On Aug. 28 the Spokane Buddhist Temple, 927 S. Perry, will welcome Rev. Kenneth Tanaka to a deliver a seminar titled, “The Heart of Shin Buddhism: A Path of Meaning and Happiness within an Anxious Life and World.”
Tanaka, an ordained Jōdo Shinshū priest, has written extensively on modern Buddhism. Those who pre-register by today (Aug. 17) and stay for the entire two-hour seminar will receive a free, signed copy of his book, “Buddhism On Air: Televised Kaleidoscope of a Growing Religion.” The book is about a televised series on Buddhism that aired in the Los Angeles area and presents a transcript of talks and interviews with noted Buddhist teachers and scholars.
The program will begin at 7 p.m. with an “Introduction to Shin Buddhism in America with Humor: in Comparison to Other Forms of Buddhism and Christianity.” Then, from 8:15-9 p.m. he will present, “The Path of Naturalness: Our Conduct in Daily Life.”
The event will be followed by a book signing.
A suggested donation of $15-30 is being requested.
For information, or to register, (509) 534-7954, e-mail SpokaneBuddhistTemple@gmail.com, or visit the temple in the Perry District.
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020